- Overview of the environmental health initiatives (2/36)
- COVID-19: Public Health and Scientific Challenges (3/36)
- Goals and Framework for EHMI Airborne Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 Virtual Workshop (4/36)
- Importance of Understanding the Role of Airborne Transmission in COVID-19 (5/36)
- Aerosols and Transmission of Respiratory Viruses 101 (6/36)
- Size characteristics of particles generated by people (8/36)
- Transmission Modes of Respiratory Viruses (9/36)
- Transport of Droplets and Aerosols in Respiratory Activities (10/36)
- What Size Droplets/Aerosols Are Generated by People and How Do They Spread in Air? CQ1 Panel (11/36)
- Is SARS-CoV-2 Airborne? Size and culturability of human-generated SARS-CoV-2 aersol (13/36)
- Impact of environmental conditions on the infectivity of SARS-CoV-2 in aerosols (14/36)
- Effective use of face masks for COVID-19 (15/36)
- Which size particles are infectious and for how long? CQ2 Panel (16/36)
- Exposure to expired infectious aerosols in proximity and distance (20/36)
The summaries are part summary and part paraphrased transcription as this was the most expedient way to put them together in order to rapidly disseminate this critical information.
They should not be considered a replacement for the talks themselves. The formatting may be inconsistent and the entirety of the content should be attributed to the speakers, though any errors, stylistic or otherwise, should be attributed to us.
The videos are available on the National Academies website and we have numbered the titles in accordance with video number. Some numbers are skipped when it is a very brief introduction or transition. Content from the 1st of the 2 days is now available here.
See the key FAQ pages provided by a team of scientists on COVID-19 transmission and preventive approaches:
- 1. General questions about COVID-19 transmission
- 2. General questions about aerosol transmission
- 3. Protecting ourselves from aerosol transmission
- 8. Ventilation
- 9. Filtering, and “air cleaning”